As I write this post, I’ve got to wonder if anyone really cares about my personal goals for this month (?). Oh well. It’s about time I set some real, measurable ones– none of the abstract, “be more organized” kind of goals I set for myself work-wise this semester. I mean some real, pass or fail kind of goals, the kind that I normally wouldn’t advertise to the world because part of me knows there’s a good chance I won’t accomplish them. Well guess what: I’m putting them out there for everyone to judge if I fail.
So in September, I will:
- Take the 30 Day Yoga challenge. I’ve been wanting to add more yoga into my life, but I always feel like, ehh, if it isn’t at least 40 minutes of yoga, there’s no point. But 10 minutes of yoga is better than no minutes of yoga.
- Lose 5 pounds. So I had not weighed myself in over a year, and it turns out I have gained about 10 pounds since last year. I want to say that some of it is muscle (and maybe a few pounds are!) but my tight jeans tell me it’s real. And last year I wanted to lose 10 pounds, so that brings the ultimate goal to 20 pounds. I’m in no big rush– 5 pounds a month might not be a lot to most people, but I don’t lose weight without putting in a real fight. Don’t worry; there won’t be cringe-worthy before/after bikini shots. Just healthy recipes I share along the way.
- Get around to finishing The Arabian Nights. I’ll be honest, I got bored with it. But damn it, I will finish you, book! (I’ll also be reading a lot of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, since I assigned many of the stories to my students.
- Be consistent with Khaleesi’s training. She has her first puppy class coming up on Sunday, and she needs me to be consistent.
- And not cry when she gets spayed later this month. (my poor baby….!)
All do-able, right?
(Linked with Weekly Wishes)