I don’t know about you, but for me March always seems like the real start to the year. (I know I’m not alone–this is probably why so many cultures historically celebrated a new year at the Spring Equinox!)
For me at least, February always feels “blah,” and if I made a new year’s resolution, I have certainly failed by that time. I start feeling like nothing good is going on in my life, and then suddenly March comes around–March, the great month of my birthday, St. Patrick’s day, spring break, the official start of spring, and longer days. It is, without a doubt, my favorite month of the year.
So cheers to March! Here’s what I plan to do to help make it even better:
- Blog at least once a week. I know, slow down there turbo, once a week? Hey, I’m easing in.
- Get back in to running. After I ran a marathon back in 2013, I stopped running. My attitude was basically “Check! Done and done!” But I do miss it. I don’t plan to train for a race or anything, but I did like the way it kept my head clear and my metabolism more normal. I’ve been taking Khaleesi to a school yard at the end of our street to play fetch, and for the past couple of days we’ve run together around the track. Just a mile– you know, so she doesn’t get too worn out– and it’s been fun. I’ll soon go for longer runs without her though. It’s only fun for both of us when she doesn’t need to be on a leash.
- Finish planting my garden. I have my veggies planted, and they are flourishing. (!) Now I want to reseed the grass and plant an English style garden on one side of our back yard. I have this fantasy of sipping tea and reading a book surrounded by lavender and hydrangeas this summer, all Downton Abbey style. I don’t know if the garden will live that long, but I will at least get it planted!
- Finish one of those home decor DIY projects I have pinned. I have so many ideas, yet so little motivation or patience to get them done.
- Catch up on Coursera classes. Holy moly, if you slack off for one week, you fall way behind. I am such a bad student!
- Age gracefully. I turn one year older later this month. I plan for it to be a very low-key, unceremonious occasion, but I still plan to make it special for me.
It’s shaping up to be a busy, but utterly wonderful month. Does anyone else agree that March is the best month of them all?